A great deal of information about Frenchay has been stored in digital form by our Archivist, Ray Bulmer. Printouts of the material have been assembled in binders, which are available for research by visitors to the Museum. Some of the subjects currently covered are as listed below. If you have any queries, then please contact us.
Ray has also set up a new Local Family History web-site, which gives on-line access to archives in the Museum's collection, relating to families in Frenchay and Winterbourne, and other nearby villages.
- 2 books of photographs of Frenchay & Hambrook people.
- 1 book of old maps & aerial photos all round the Frenchay area.
- Photographs from the archives of Frenchay Hospital.
- Baptisms, marriages & burials at St John Baptist, Frenchay, since 1834.
- Headstones in the St John Baptist graveyard, since 1834.
- Headstones in the Friends’ Meeting House graveyard.
- Some records of the Unitarian church. Not many still exist.
- Census records for Frenchay 1841 to 1891 inclusive; Hambrook 1851 to 1891 inclusive; Winterbourne Parish 1851 & 1881; Filton, Stoke Gifford, Stapleton, Downend for 1851 & 1881.
- Headmasters Log for the National School, Frenchay, from 1865.
- School registers for the National School, Frenchay, from 1868.
- Cricket Centenary book for Frenchay CC and Cricket Score Books for the 1870s.
- Parish magazines for the years 1889 to 1895 (book 1 with 9 more to follow!)
- The Warden's Log from 1870 to 1905.