|Talk 60's 70's Football at Yahoo! Clubs sixtiesandseventiessoccer|
|vote vote vote Quizlet vote vote vote|
1. Neville Southall: For that Premiership performance with Bradford City. Unrivaled tummy size from a top flight footballer since ...
2. Fatty Foulkes: Well known footballing Fat Bloke.
3. Trevor Hockey: Wore the best known beard in English Football
4. Gudjon Thordarson: The manager already bringing a touch of Iceland to Stoke City.
5. Yazale Santos: US ex-Bournemouth player whose name takes him half way there.
6. Peter Taylor: Already known for generously handing out surprises to young folk
I missed someone obvious ? Email me and I'll put your
1. Chelsea's best ever team.
2. The Arsenal team that won the double.
3. Top Don Revie side
4. The beginnings of Liverpool's 70s and 80s domination.
5. Manchester United's only Cup winning team in the 70s !
6. Ipswich Town's team that went on to win in Europe
Have I missed someone obvious ? Email me and I'll put your letter here.
See Steviex's email
Q: Who was the most memorable commentators of the 60s and 70s ???
Here's the nominations
Quizlet follows the suggestions and reasons of Peter
Yes it's that time of year again, when the Quizlet is given over to a free vote for the prodigious 'Top Bob Award'. This is the award's second year click here for the outcome of last year's vote.
Sir Alex Ferguson - Defending holder of the Top Bob Award. This year Manchester United 'only' won the Premier Division ... but once again they totally dominated the League winning by 10 points.
Graeme Souness - Promoted Blackburn Rovers into the Premiership after his first full season in charge.
Sven Goran Eriksson - Transformed England's team into possible qualifiers for the World Cup Finals. Sven took over from a disspirited team following Kevin Keegan's departure, and became the first ever non-Englishman to hold the post.
Eddie Gray and Brian Kidd - Eddie won the personally chosen 'Special Bob' Award last season, but is here in his own right as a possible joint-Top Bob winner this season. Who would have believed Leeds United would have reached the European Cup semi-Final ? They did and Eddie and Brian were a crucial part of that success from the coaching point of view.
Terry Venables - It wouldn't be an internet vote without Terry as one of the choices, surely ? Without doubt Middlesbrough looked doomed to relegation until El Tel was drafted in as support to Bryan Robson, and their fortunes changed for the better ...
John Lambie - Partick Thistle dominated the Scottish Division Two to such an extent that they were they first side in Britain to win promotion and then the Championship. All of Scotland should support a vote for theGreat Lambino
Was there someone I missed Ray Graydon at Walsall, Ronnie Moore at Rotherham United, John Brownlie at Arbroath maybe. Email me with votes outside the quizlet and I'll keep you up to date with their progress on this page.
Voting will continue until Charity Shield Day next season ... rigging the vote is all part of the fun ...
Which 1970-71 season player had the best season in
This feature on the site was previously called 'Quizlet'. It has not been available since August 2004, but here are the old quizlet results...
See the latest Soccer headlines at www.bobdunning.net