founder-members of the southern section of the Third
Division of the Football League came from which minor
2. How many times has the winner of the F .A. Cup
competition not been a member of the Football League in
the same season - is it once, twice or 18 times?
3. Which of the following pairs of clubs met each other
in league games during 1970/71 ? Barnsley and
Bournemouth, Montrose and Morton, Cork Ribs. and Finn
4. How many clubs were in the First Division of the
Scottish League during 1970/71 ?
5. A slightly more tricky question than the previous
one-how many played in the Second Division of the same
6. Which of the following clubs has been in its present
Division for the longest time without a break ?
Aldershot, Celtic or Leeds. (In 1970-71 that is... Bob)
7. Is it Ajax or Anderlecht which plays in the Dutch
national league ?
8. Is the league in Northern Ireland known as the Irish
League or the League of Ireland ?
9. Does the Welsh League play representative games
against the other major leagues in the United Kingdom?
10. Provided it is not split into home and away games,
can the Draws column of a results table add up to an odd
Want to know the answers, then E-mail me and I'll give you your marks out of ten.
Answers won't be available otherwise for a month or two
this quiz was set in 1970-71 and I need the answers as if
it was in that year. (That's the sort of oddness that
reigns on these pages.)
Roll of Honour
people have got all this quiz 100 % correct ...
done Ian !!
post the answers soon and write up quiz three
Try Quiz 1
These quizes appear in :
Goodchild's Soccer Quiz Book Number One '