|Talk 60's 70's Football at Yahoo! Groups and MySpace.com Groups|
Frequently Asked Questions
Home | Latest
site news: 'Bob's 70-71 Diary' | Read and Subscribe to
Bob's 70-71 Blog
I have no connection with any of the players on this site or any contact for them, all I can suggest is attempting to buy one from one of the auction sites. See links - commercial for some suggested auction sites. They all have whole sections devoted singularly to soccer players' autographs.
Also http://www.abebooks.com/ is a good source of autographed books, and many of the players have written autobigraphies.
Failing that I would suggest writing to the club for which they were famous. I've no idea if this would work, but I'm guessing they may have a contact address.
2) I have a number of magazines / an autographed shirt / programmes / Charles Buchan Football Albums (etc). from the 1950s/ 60s/70s. How much are they worth ?
I'm not a specialist in pricing and I would hate to mislead you by quoting an inaccurate price. I would suggest you go to the auction sites and see how much people are receiving for similar items there. See links - commercial for some suggested auction sites.
3) I have a dissertation to write on transfer figures through the ages / foreigners in English football. Can you write it for me ?
4) What was the name of Jimmy Greaves' sister, who had a Top Ten hit in the Seventies ?
Freda Greaves. (The Three Degrees.) That honestly is the answer, I should know I've answered the question enough times.
5) Why the fascination with the 70-71 season ?
A very fair question, the answer can be read at : Online Oddity - A Soccer Web Master Interviewed
6) My Uncle, Arthur Baggins, was a footballer in 1930, but I cannot find him on the site. Do you have any information on him ?
This type of request is my very favourite. I enjoy looking up players that don't feature on the site, as well as those that do. Obviously only footballers from 1970-71 and their reletives are likely to have information, already on the site, but don't be put off, if I can help, I will. I usually then feature the information on the site.
7) I met John O'Hare on holiday and got on really well with him. Can you tell me how I might contact him ?
This is a variation on question one, for which I can only give the same answer...
I have no connection with any of the players on this site or any contact for them. I would suggest writing to the club for which they were famous. I've no idea if this would work, but I'm guessing they may have a contact address.
8) Where can I buy a back copy of the Rothmans Football Yearbook / an old FKS football sticker album / '60s football magazines / an autographed shirt / programmes / replica Seventies football shirts (etc). ?
I can well understand this request. This is why I compiled the list at links - commercial . I have only recommended sites I have personal good references for.
All these items are often available at the auction sites. Use the search engines at the sites to find the exact item you want.
Old copies of Rothmans (and many other deleted books) are available to buy at http://www.abebooks.com/ (Type 'Rothmans' into the search engine 'keywords' to see the books that are available). But you might get them cheaper from an auction site.
If only I sold them ... I would get some financial return out my beloved site, ah well ...
9) I've heard Eddie Gray / Peter Shilton / Gordon Banks etc. is doing a book signing this week, can you tell me where it is and when ?
I often have to reply ... I have no connection with any
of the players on this site or any contact for them. I
honestly wish I knew their promotion activites and would
be happy to promote these on the site, but as their press
officers don't tell me - I don't know myself.
Bob Dunning 19 August 2007
Home | Latest site news: 'Bob's 70-71
| Read and Subscribe to Bob's
A-Z Players | 70-71 Teams | Poll | Thirty Years Ago! | Next Generation | Miscellaneous | Where are they now? | Obituaries | Links
Search the Site | About Bob 70-71Pages | FAQs | Guestbook | E-mail me